Grade Performance Status
Instructors use NAU's academic feedback system to send you important grade and performance information
How does GPS work?
First, instructors send you direct feedback via GPS emails about your class performance. GPS messages can be about Attendance, Grades, Academic Concerns, and Positive Feedback.
- Check your class syllabus or ask your instructors if they use GPS
- Watch for GPS notifications in MyNAU and check your NAU email account (not Bb Learn) for GPS messages
Then, you choose the appropriate next step once you receive a GPS message,
- Need further discussion? Reply directly to the instructor using the GPS email, call, or visit during office hours.
- Need resources or information to create or execute your action plan? Use this website to connect with the resources to support your needs.
- Need advice? Contact your advisor if you have an issue with the class, you are thinking about dropping or withdrawing from a class, or personal issues are interfering with performance
- Advisors and student support personnel can access copies of your GPS messages recorded in LOUIE to improve their ability to help you and offer personalized recommendations
Why is feedback important?
The research confirms that feedback is the most important factor in academic achievement. You can use instructor feedback to manage your GPA and academic standing, which can affect financial aid, scholarship funding, and housing; eligibility for athletics, clubs, and programs; and admission to undergraduate programs and graduate school.
Who gets GPS emails?
Any student enrolled in an NAU undergraduate course is eligible for GPS messages. It is up to the instructor to use GPS or not.
What information is included in a GPS message?
Instructors can send personalized messages about grades, positive feedback, or specific academic concerns. Attendance concerns can also be communicated. Strategies and resource links are also included. Specific grade information will only appear in a secured hyperlink unique to your email.
What can I do when I receive a GPS message?
- Take the appropriate action to address an instructor's concern if necessary
- Contact your instructor
- Visit ResourceConnect website
- Contact your academic advisor
Can I reply to a GPS message?
Yes, your reply will go directly to the instructor.
What if I receive a GPS message that is obviously not for me?
Reply to the email and let your instructor know that there was an error.
Where are my grades in GPS?
GPS is a communication system, not a database. Any grades in GPS will be located in the GPS emails (via an authenticated link) sent to you by an instructor. Check BbLearn, your MyNAU portal, or contact your instructor if you do not know your grade.
Why are GPS messages placed in my LOUIE student record?
In addition to providing direct communication with your instructor, GPS information may be used by advisors and support personnel to direct you to resources for academic success.
Who can view the GPS information in my LOUIE student record?
Academic advisors and support personnel. In addition to providing direct communication with your instructor, GPS information may be used by advisors and support personnel to direct you to resources for academic success.